- Group Assembled, 8:30ish at Gaia House-Interfaith Center
Present: Wayne, Kara, Matt, Peter
- Call to Order
- Approval of Agenda
No one disputed the agenda.
- Individual Progress Reports
- Wayne is setting up virtual machines on hid computer for use in teach-ins.
- Group discussed issues with machine setup for demonstrating software during future teach-ins. Lack of appropriate computers a problem.
- Peter mentioned that he may be able to offer a computer for demo.
- Individual machine setups vs. dual booting vs. virtualisation was discussed.
- return to News/Annonuncements
The group returned to discussing news and announcements.
- New or updated news items
- SOPA update — House is on break for the holidays, will bring the bill up in the coming weeks.
- PIPA, OPEN also discussed.
- return to Discussion
The group returned to general discussion.
- Wayne suggested doing a ‘Media’ teach-in. How to interpret and react to legislation.
- Need to figure out possible dates and order
- Free Software teach-in considered by group as logical first event
- Dates proposed and scheduled for teach-ins
- Free Software teach-in – January 21st, 4:30pm at Independent Media Center– first Saturday after classes resume
- Intro to Linux teach-in - January 28th, 4:30pm at Independent Media Center
- Occupy Pad
- Anonpad (doesn’t seem to be resolving as of 3:20pmCST, 2011-01-08)
- a Git based system
- still pending
- little or no response from WDBX about Internet sharing
- possible issues resulting from lack of Internet brought up in regards to teach-ins with demonstrations
- Matt suggesting asking the City govt., a business, or Main Street organization to help
No small group work this week.